* A window in my classroom was broken today when I arrived. According to our janitor, who has honestly been a lifesaver this year with all the random things he has helped me with (like getting tables moved in and out of our classroom), someone was trying to break in through that window. How do you explain to 5-year and 6-year olds why they can't go to their cubbies until the glass is cleaned up?
* Last week several of my students told me they are going to college! Woohoo!!
* I am SO proud of my students...for things that are easily expressible...and things that are not. They work so hard together, and they support each other so much. I felt this overwhelming sense of happiness today about how far they have come and how much they have grown. To say they work hard is an understatement--but I am most proud of how they are not just good students but they are growing to be great people.
* I wish you all could meet my students. You would be so impressed and amazed by them. I sure am.
* Imagine getting to spend each day with 19 individuals who inspire you. This is what I do every day...and those individuals though just 5- and 6- years old are phenomenal.
No comments:
Post a Comment