TWO weeks down!!
Top Ten Great Things
about Week 2 of Chemo
10. Only ONE visit to the hospital! 6 entire days spent far
away from Evanston Hospital!
9. I got a shot on Monday--and I was "brave" about
it! (Brave=I didn't cry OR need to be held still. I have a tiny fear of needles. The word "tiny" here means
extremely big.)
8. I've been awake AND alert for about half of each day!
...An improvement on last week when I was awake maybe five hours a day.
7. I made it out to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and had
one of the most amazing meals I've had in a while!
6. I gained weight! I've never been happier to see the
numbers on a scale go up, but I feel much better knowing that I am eating
enough. It's hard to eat about 5000 calories one day and then see the scale
hasn't budged.
5. 8 Days till Christmas Eve...
4. 9 Days till Christmas...
3. 11 Days till my birthday!
2. I STILL HAVE MY HAIR! Sure it's thinned a bit and is cut
so short that I routinely get annoyed that it will do nothing but stand up
straight...but I still have a full head of hair!
And the number one greatest thing about Week 2 of Chemo
is...
1. DAAAAAAAAAA BEARS. Da bears, da bears, da bears. They're
11-2, with an AMAZING win on Monday against the Rams. And seriously, Devin
Hester's 94- and 96- yard return touchdowns? Even though I felt sicker than I
have all throughout chemo, I had to watch the entire game, because it was that
good...Rex is back in action! Not to mention Barack Obama finally made a formal
statement about his support for the Monsters of the Midway!
...All is still going really well with chemo! How could it
not when everyone and everywhere is abuzz with holiday spirit?! I hope you're
getting excited for the holidays--if you need some holiday spirit boosting, I
recommend watching Elf, Home Alone, and Home Alone 2. Then, put on some Harry
Connick Jr.--I'm a big fan of "It Must've Been Ol' Santa Claus." If
you still need boosting after all that, call me, and I'll be sure to get you
excited--I have my reindeer slippers ready and waiting for Christmas morning!
HAPPY 9 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!
All my love,
Alex
P.S. I really am awful at picking up my phone lately. I even
changed my voicemail, because I've been asleep so much. If you have called me
or asked me to call you, I'm sorry I haven't really picked up or called back. I
also am awful at returning e-mails. I really know I need to sit down and
respond to you individually, but lately, I've become lazy, and lots of times,
I'm just so tired of all this cancer-stuff that I don't want to talk about it.
However, my goal this week is to really start getting better at returning
e-mails at least. Once I finish all those, I'll move onto my missed calls list.
Thanks for sending e-mails and calling even though I've been a bit of a brat
about not picking up/replying.
P.P.S. For some of you who did not get last week's e-mail,
you may be confused...well, welcome to my updates about how all this crazy
chemo stuff is going!
No comments:
Post a Comment