Saturday, June 2, 2012

What Do the Contents of Your Car Say About You?

I picked my car up today from the amazing MINI place I now will forever take my car to, MINICORSA. The guy, Danny, who works there is beyond nice; he waited for my car to arrive on Wednesday, and today I picked it up, and it was of course working wonderfully!

As I hopped in my car, I noticed a couple random cheerios on the floor carpets (I shared my snack with Chloe on the drive back--she apparently didn't like it), which led me to think: What do the contents of my car say about me? If someone looked through my car, what would he/she think?

A photo of things found in my car...
So what does it say about me that the following items can be found in my car?

  • Loose CDs and empty CD cases: Note that one is Adele+Eliza Doolittle, the other "Songs to Make You Smile" from Kristin for our after school beach drives (or for me when I was trying to smile on my way to work with people who sometimes weren't very nice) last year
  • A flashlight: for emergencies. I don't know why I don't have other emergency stuff; a flashlight just seemed very practical and fit easily in the side of my car door.
  • An empty makeup case--in theory, I might try to look nice sometimes.
  • Headphones for my phone
  • Random cards that were placed on my car while it was parked--I get a new one nearly everyday at work
  • My hairstylist's card--FYI Monica at The Establishment is amazing!
  • Little cards from my iced coffee. One medium, sugar-free vanilla iced coffee please to help me survive my early mornings! Apparently I can earn a free one if I put the stickers all on one card...
  • A straw--sometimes I order a water, an iced tea, and an iced coffee. That's what we call a rough morning...and a morning when I can transfer straws from water to tea and have one left over.
  • Gum--cause it's cute and fits in my cup holder
  • Sunglasses/glasses cases--I try to pretend I take good care of my sunglasses and glasses. I'm more likely to put them in the cases if they're already in my car; goodness knows I better take semi-decent care of them, because I can't afford the fancy glasses I got when I was in college!
  • Headband and hair tie--convertible
  • An old parking garage and Kaiser parking ticket--these were tossed as soon as I saw them; apparently I just hold on to parking tickets for sentimental value?
Not featured in the photo but also found in my car:
  • Hot pink laces from my cleats
  • A dog leash
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Random cheerios
  • My license plate (I have it on my dash--I need to put it on the front of my car eventually)
  • Hand lotion
  • Post-its
  • My journal from our school retreat this summer
I'll leave the interpretation up to you...


♥a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...