Saturday, July 31, 2010

Late night posting...it gets no better...

The past couple days have been rocky, but thank goodness for the middle of the night to give me some time to think. Despite my efforts to become a morning person and to go to bed on time, I'm convinced I am a late night person. Even in high school I remember staying up late...and then I would convince my dad to drive me to school in the morning so I could sleep on the ride there. Anyone who knows me from Pepperdine probably received an email from me in the middle of the night. I can't help it. When all the hustle and bustle of the day disappears, I can breathe, think, and refocus.

So, needless to say after an interesting couple days, I needed this late night calmness to arrive. Long story short, it looks as though I'm going to be paying quite a bit more for my Master's than intended. This unexpected cost is just not something I was at all prepared for, for several reasons (otherwise I would call it an "expected" cost), and apparently this is something that stresses me out. Who knew.

Isn't this when I'm supposed to say: "Psshh. I've been through worse. Bring it on."? Well, if the past 9 years of my life are any indicator of what's heading my way in the future, I'm a little nervous. Sometimes I reminisce to when life was normal. Oh to be 14 again.

However, as always I'm reminded of the fact that in the grand scheme of things, my life could be 1000x worse...to put a more positive spin on that sentence: My life is amazing. Sure there are so many unknowns and crazy happenings in my life (what else is new...), but if I were to make a list of all my blessings, the list would never end.

Let me toss out 10 wonderful parts of my life from the past couple weeks before I go to bed:
1. I drove in my amazing car with my amazing dog down to LA.
2. I saw Nnenna and Jenn...and drank Coffee Bean.
3. I stayed with my phenomenal big sis Minda in Santa Monica...and we ate Thai Dishes one night.
4. My feet touched the beach.
5. I saw my amazing little sis Afton.
6. Becca is back in the states!
7. Julie is back in the states too--and back in SAN JOSE!
8. I've spoken with my aunt and cousins on the phone several times in the last weeks.
9. Indoor skydiving. So fun.
10. Valerie and I were able to spend nearly an entire day catching up in Marina del Rey when I drove down to LA.

...Please note that 7 of those 10 occurred over the course of three days.
I'll say it again:
I. Am. Blessed.

Now off to bed, it's time to go,
For if I don't, we all know,
Tomorrow, I'll need coffee.

(...did you think it was going to rhyme?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...