Monday, April 5, 2010

Sure! I was there! Spring Break 81! Woo hoo!...In 1981 you were 13!!

On a regular basis I decide I'm going to update about what's going on in my life...
...then on a regular basis I get distracted by one of the following things:
1. Watching a TV show
2. My dog
3. Grad school work
4. Teacher school work (a.k.a. planning for my kiddos)
5. Cleaning
6. A trip to Starbucks
7. Emails and phone calls
...and the most popular distractor:
8. SLEEP.

Right now, it's a combination of all of the above. I'm on spring break right now (and no, not spring break "woo hoo!"), and so it's my chance to:
-deep clean my room and apartment
-get caught up on work and planning
-watch a TV show without falling asleep during it
-go to Starbucks just cause I want to not because it's 7 A.M. and I should be sleeping
-try to backpedal through emails and phone calls and return as many as possible
-sleep ALL day long if I want

As a perfect example, today I:
-woke up at 6 A.M. but then went back to sleep until noon
-crawled out of bed at noon and made some soup (very exciting)
-took my dog on a walk
-read through some books filled with AWESOME kindergarten activities
-watched Royal Pains on Hulu
-sent out a Tri Delt alumna newsletter
-slept some more...
-cleaned

...Oh what a wonderful life it is when I'm on break. I'm looking forward to some starbies tomorrow just because I want some. Not because I need it to survive daylight savings.

School has been GREAT. Things are going very well, and I cannot believe the end of the year is almost here. I've stopped feeling as anxious about my kids going to 1st grade. (No joke, in January and February I felt somewhat panicky about sending them to 1st grade...it still makes me nervous...). They are DEFINITELY going to be ready, and I am so very proud of how hard they've been working.

Now, I'm going to watch 24 (if I can stay awake)...maybe tomorrow I'll be more eager to delve into the details of my life. For now, just know I'm oh-so-very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...