Sunday, December 6, 2009

I emailed my 1st grade teacher last week...

...and here is part of her email response to me:
Hi Alex,

Of course I remember you! You may not know this, but you were in my first class at Grove. I had taught two years in Houston and then moved back "home" to the suburbs. Anyway, your class has always held a special place in my heart because you guys were my rookie class in Northbrook. On top of that, I remember so clearly what a great group you all were. You in particular were a true gem. Adorable, hard working, smart, fun and a kind friend to your classmates. Oops. That kind of sounded like a report card. I still have a book of poems you made for me. The pages are torn and a little yellowed, but it always brightens my day and brings a smile to my face when I read it. I share it with my class every year when we study and write poetry. You are always an inspiration to my 7 year old friends.


Is it any wonder I loved first grade and my teacher that year?

Here's a photo of me, way back when...believe it or not, 1st grade was 15 years ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...