Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Reminder My Students Are Still 5


Quick background: We give out rising leader cards to students who demonstrate our values.

Last week, our green dry erase marker went missing. No good. We looked around, talked a bit about where it could be, and how we need to take care of our materials. Oh no, friends, this is not okay--we can't lose markers, or we can't use them!

Later, at snack, a student goes: I think I know what happened. I think a rising leader took it.

Nope. You do not know what the words "rising leader" mean.

We're working on it though, and I know this student will not be confused by these words at the end of the year. Every now and then, though, there is the story or moment that reminds me, yes, students, you are doing things that are amazingly beyond your 5-year old years...but you really still are 5. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...