Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Come on Lily, the only way it was a cockroach was if it was wearing the skin of a mouse it just killed."


Originally this post would be detailing my trip from LA to FL yesterday.

Then, tonight I decided to do laundry.

I went into the laundry room...pulled some clothing out of the dryer...

"Oh my god! Oh my god!! Oh my goddddd!" I yelled as I ran out of the laundry room.

My dad, who had been somewhat peacefully sleeping on the couch (I love you, Dad, but you are the loudest snorer ever), practically jumped off the couch.

"Oh my god. Dad. There is the BIGGEST bug I have ever seen in there."

My dad, half-asleep, crawled off the couch in search for his sandals so he could go kill this bug.

"It's on the cabinet. Above the dryer. Dad, I swear. It's the biggest bug ever. I am not being dramatic. It's bigger than any bug I've ever seen."

I listened anxiously to my dad hitting the cabinet with his sandal. He then reported that he hit the bug, but he couldn't find it. It fell somewhere in the laundry room.

"Okay, I have to put my stuff in the dryer. Will you stand here while I move it in case the bug comes back?"

Laundry=in dryer.
Bug=still in hiding.
Alex=very anxious about this bug.
Solution?



"Don't worry, Dad. I have it covered. I closed the door, and I stuck a blanket under at the bottom so the bug can't get out.

...hey Dad, did you know you eat eight spiders a year?"

I may or may not have an irrational fear of bugs. This bug seriously was huge though. Here's hoping I can fall asleep without this bug finding its way to me. Goodnight lovely friends.

1 comment:

  1. That's the worst! I used to live in an apartment that was filled with roaches and one giant waterbug that haunted me ever night! So creepy. Definitely may have had the neighbors knock on my door to see what was wrong after a particularly loud scream.

    And...not to scare you, but these creatures don't need to go under doors to get from room to room. They are much smarter/creepier than that. Gag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...