Thursday, September 29, 2011

Did not see this phone call coming.


So today is a new adventure. Today my dad called me, and he told me my mom had trouble breathing this morning.

Tonight he told me the nurse from hospice said unless my mom gets more fluids into her, she can only live for about 2.5 more weeks. I had this weird flashback to learning about this in Outdoor Ed in 5th grade (I think it was 5th grade...). There's a certain amount of time you can last without food and a certain time without water.

I'm not sure how to process this news...but I've settled for horrible jokes, an email to friends, and some ice cream. (Note: Best ice cream I've had in a really long time. Ben&Jerry's Imagine Whirled Peace? So good.)





I only wish this had the quote from Jack Geller: "She may have died...we're looking into it." Oh yes, I brought this episode up to my dad. I'm glad he laughed when I told him that I hope my mom is not like Ross and Monica's nana.

...and now it is time for sleep. I may need a margarita this weekend.
Love,
a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...