Wednesday, December 29, 2010

24, Jewelry, Steak, Family...I'm a spoiled and lucky girl :)

Well, it's been quite a week and a half (almost!) at home. I took my first red-eye flight for a looooong day of travel on Monday the 20th. I was, as usual, the girl making weird faces as I attempted to get my ears to pop throughout my flights. I also was, as usual, the girl who passed out on each plane. One fellow passenger even complimented me on my ability to sleep--"I wish I could sleep as well as you do on planes," said the kind stranger. It was a great feat indeed given the screaming baby behind me on my way from Dallas to Fort Myers...and the six-year old kicking my seat.

When my travels ended, however, I found myself in sunny Florida, and I was aching to get out of my boots! 70 degree weather? Yes, please! So I popped on some flip-flops and my sunnies and took care of one urgent task: Doing nothing. I don't even remember what I did on that first day here...I may or may not having taken a long nap--I don't recall and don't really care; all I know is that it was amazing.

The follow day I did leave the house with quite the goal: stock the pantry and fridge. Apart from the giant bottle of vodka, some orange juice, (I know what you're thinking: screwdrivers!...but my dad only drinks vodka straight), and the biggest box of Cheez-Its imaginable, our house had little in it. So I skipped into Publix, the grocery store around here, and looking completely out of place since I was wearing a color other than beige and I'm under the age of 60, and stocked a grocery cart with all kinds of good stuff. From my favorite Triscuits to pom juice to margarita mix of course, my cart was filled to the brim with excellent finds.

...alright...I started off eager to write...now, not so much. We're watching 24...and it is getting GOOD. Jack may or may not kill Nina in the next episode. My focus is split. More to (maybe) come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...