Tuesday, June 29, 2010

When I'm worried, and I can't sleep...I count my blessings instead of sheep...

Well, I was definitely on a TFA-high yesterday. :) I'd attribute it to the awesomeness of the 17 new corps members who were in my CVC group. Seriously, they made me excited to go back to teach, and they inspired me. They're amazing, and it's just a blessing to have met them.

So, for today's post I'll write on a non-TFA note...
If your 3-yr-old is carrying the cat towards the kitchen muttering "kitty needs a bath," it’s really best to see what she’s planning. Especially if you have a dishwasher.

I discovered learnfrommyfail.com today.

I also discovered that don't know what to do with all my free time now. Three years ago when I had this much free time:
1. I also had an IV in my arm,
2. I had no hair, and
3. It was 20 degrees in the middle of winter in Chicago.

I'm very happy that now:
1. Said picc-line is long gone (and the scar has nearly faded),
2. I have hair (despite the fact that it's darker...and by darker, I mean really I'm being petty here), and
3. It's summer and warm in Cali.

Life is good. I don't know that I'm worried so much as not sure what I want to do with my life...which is very crazy. I basically am trying to figure out what job I can create or career I can pursue that combines all the things I love--a modest summer goal: to figure out my future. The great thing is that counting my blessings is good place to start--it just takes a while since there are quite a few of them. They also are a bit more fun to count than sheep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...