Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Movin on up...

...I forgot to mention that our theme song for our school this year is "Movin on up"...yes, The Jeffersons' theme song. It plays EVERY day at our school.

Also, my principal said the kindergarten team is doing well, but honestly, I am nervous about my class. They are working hard, but some are SO behind already...and even though I have kids coming in early every morning, 30 minutes extra a week is not enough.

In other news, just found out someone who teaches in a nearby school district was fired...
Here's a little comparison to put in perspective where some corps members teach. This man taught in a school district in East Palo Alto, ranked 679 out of 752 school districts in California. Palo Alto on the other hand ranks 23 out of 752...and is literally just around the corner from EPA.

...and though my school district is doing MUCH better than the other, it is ranked 593 out of 752. Not so hot.

Off to do some work...and hope that I can figure out WHAT to do to help my kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...