Monday, October 5, 2009

Realization of the day

Teaching is hard, but it's not the hardest part of Teach For America. If teaching were all I had to focus on, my life would be dandy, but the reality is there's SO much more to do than just teach.

There are all the phone calls home, completely re-doing and cleaning out a classroom someone has taught in for 5 years, being in grad school, talking with TONS of advisors, etc. etc.

I think I could and can be a really great teacher, but it stinks that right now my lesson plans are actually not the first thing on my to-do list since there are more important things like making sure my classroom is functional and clean and not ant-infested...and that sucks.

In other news, my kids walked in this morning to our class and said: "It's so pretty! I love our classroom!" Needless to say staying till 8:30 on Friday was well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...